Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ABS light comes on

Old 06-15-2019, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ABS light comes on

My ABS light, and the little skid light come on everytime I use the Jeep. Is this a dealer only problem, or is there something I can try?
Old 06-16-2019, 03:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 16FW
My ABS light, and the little skid light come on everytime I use the Jeep. Is this a dealer only problem, or is there something I can try?
The 07 JK I picked up has a sticker on the Radiator support that states it was reset several years ago...I would contact the dealer if someone here dosn't answer the question. I am not familiar enough with it to give you a definitive answer..
The following users liked this post:
Aussiecrd (06-17-2019)
Old 06-16-2019, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dinky Dau
The 07 JK I picked up has a sticker on the Radiator support that states it was reset several years ago...I would contact the dealer if someone here dosn't answer the question. I am not familiar enough with it to give you a definitive answer..
Thanks, I will go to a dealer.
Dinky Dau (06-16-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by 16FW
It's likely a wheel speed sensor needs to be replaced or a front wheel hub. An OBD2 code reader such as the BlueDriver would be useful since it reads ABS codes and would tell you more. The BlueDriver costs $100, while a dealership OBD2 one-time scan will cost you $135+, and that's where the cost of repair will start at the dealership.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Blue driver x2. Plus blue driver has a good knowledge base that will tell you that xxx code was fixed 80% of the time by a and 12% by b, etc. Mine has already paid for itself many times over.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:13 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
It's likely a wheel speed sensor needs to be replaced or a front wheel hub. ...
I've seen both of these cause the problem. The two times it was a front wheel hub, I also had rough noise coming from the defective hub (the hub is also known as a unit bearing--same part). That was reason enough to replace, and the problem went away. However, the unit bearing does (or did, anyway) come with the wheel speed sensor.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I took it to a dealer, and they replaced the sensors.
Mark Doiron (06-22-2019)

Quick Reply: ABS light comes on