Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ABS module replacement

Old 09-19-2021, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ABS module replacement

Hello, I believe I have ruled out any other causes for my C2200 so I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy an ABS control module. Do I need to buy the ABS pump as well or can I buy just the ABS module? (I think I got that verbiage correct?)

Michael
Old 09-22-2021, 09:28 AM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Belliveau
Hello, I believe I have ruled out any other causes for my C2200 so I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy an ABS control module. Do I need to buy the ABS pump as well or can I buy just the ABS module? (I think I got that verbiage correct?)

Michael
Hi Michael, I haven't replaced either of these, but generally if parts are available separately they don't have to be replaced together.

Just checked rockauto, and they are separate items.

Just looked at the manual, and replacing the ABM module alone is mentioned, but later the HCU and ABM are removed as a unit. It also mentions if ABM module is being replaced (implying the ABM could be replaced either separate or together with the HCU), it must be programed with a scan tool.

Having to program the ABS with a scan tool may not be accurate, the manual has errors. It may actually configure itself when it communicates initially. If it doesn't have a DTC after replacement odds are it configured itself.

Wow, such a simple question and all I've got is a long bit of conjecture!
Old 01-13-2024, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Belliveau

Michael
Leak in Rear Brake-Lines sucked in AIR causing Module to constantly throw codes. Replaced Lines and problem RESET itself in 2-3 days without using my Scanner-Tool. 33 months on, and no Re-occurance!! 2013 Jeep JK Wrangler
Old 01-13-2024, 08:33 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

I've had C2200 twice. I'd clear it and it would come back on after driving a short distance.
First time, rather than purchase the expensive module, I took a chance and unplugged it and cleaned the pins and sockets. Code went away for a couple of years.
Second time, cleaning the connector didn't work. After clearing the code, I parked with left tires on pavement, and right tires on the dirt shoulder.
I gunned the throttle enough to make the right rear tire spin before the code came back on. This forced the traction control to engage before the code could reappear.
Apparently, that reset something in the ABS module. The code has not come back since.
The following users liked this post:
REDNECK INDUSTRIES (01-13-2024)
Old 01-13-2024, 01:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 months not 33 months..Sorry..

Your onto to something, because I Park 1/2 on my lawn and 1/2 on pave . And when it rains I Gunned in reverse to back up the small incline and my Traction-Control did Engage shortly after the Brake-Line repair. And yes I will be paving that section in the spring. Damn NO PARKING on Winter Streets Law...

Quick Reply: ABS module replacement