Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

acceleration is sluggish at times, anyone else?

Old 11-02-2007, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. T
there are two different flashes... one was for the brake control while going uphill, the other was for the "stall bug" and was a reprogram of the TIPM. the reprogram of the tipm was the one that would help...
Hmm. I don't show any evidence that I need to get mine in for the stall bug reprogram. I wonder if mine was already done before I purchased it. If so, it didn't fix the sluggishness problem at all because it's been doing it since I purchased it.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. T
best way to find out is to go to the jeep website. under the "for owners" area (link on top right), you will see an area to scan for recalls on the lower left. enter the last 8 digits of your VIN and it will show you if you were in need or not. i know that i am overdue on both...
Yeah that's what I meant by not having any evidence that I need to have it done. It showed the ECB recall but that was it. I'm down to nothing under my VIN number now which makes me think it was done before I bought it. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clean your TB

Originally Posted by 07rubigreen
Yeah that's what I meant by not having any evidence that I need to have it done. It showed the ECB recall but that was it. I'm down to nothing under my VIN number now which makes me think it was done before I bought it. Thanks for the help.
CLean your throttle body with SeaFoam on a rag- then pour 1/3 in the tank, 1/3 in the oil, and let the final bit get sucked up by your vacuum hose off the brake cylinder. There are write-ups. WHen you restart it after letting it sit, you will bellow smoke out the pipes. Change the oil within 200 miles or so, and your golden.

I did SeaFoam on the TB and the vacuum like at 100,000 miles on my 07 and the idle dropped by 350rpm.

Quick Reply: acceleration is sluggish at times, anyone else?