Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

accident

Old 04-28-2012, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accident

so today some guy in a GMC Sierra pulled out in front of me while I was doing about 55 klms / hr. No one hurt which is the main thing. Jeep not so much. Here is what is needed- front bumper, front drivers side fender, hood, grill, drivers side fron quarter. I am going to demand it all be replaced. I don't want any bondo or what ever in it.

so im hopeing to get a upgrade to the Off road bumper from mopar, take what the oem bumper is and Ill pay the diff out of my pocket. Anyone know what an OEM Front bumber and Off Road bumper cost? I think the off road was like $900.00 cdn and I bet the OEM is $400 - $500.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, having just put the winch on my MW3 last night, it's Mopar's version of the AEV front tubeless bumper.

I would not get the Mopar one.... Here's why it will be over priced.

The AEV bumper (not the the JK Premium) is 1099. I would venture the Mopar version will be more. But if you get the mopar one, and want to put a winch on it, like I did, not only will you have to get the winch plate mount $119, but you'd also have to get the fairlead bracket $130. The AEV tubeless and JK Premium already come with the bracket.

So I had called AEV to get the mopar part number for the Fairlead bracket and winch plate, Mopar's price is $522 vice AEV $249.

Hope your jeep gets put back nice!
Old 04-28-2012, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad everyone is ok ! not sure on prices but im sure someone will chime in
Old 04-28-2012, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the mopar bumper and Its winch ready accept for a fairlead, I'm told it's built by warn and from the dealer it's in the neighborhood of 600.. I bought it from a friend..

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4293611460.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	310372

The which hole is covered in this pic..
Old 04-28-2012, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Be sure to mark the damaged parts that you want replaced, but not tell anyone. Years ago this happened to my brother in law. He wanted new parts not bondo. Everyone said ok. Strange that the new rear doors of the van had the same holes drilled in them that he had drilled in the damaged doors before the accident. When this was showed to the insurance company they went after the repair shop for charging for new or undamaged doors, and just fixing the old doors.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by omaste
Be sure to mark the damaged parts that you want replaced, but not tell anyone. Years ago this happened to my brother in law. He wanted new parts not bondo. Everyone said ok. Strange that the new rear doors of the van had the same holes drilled in them that he had drilled in the damaged doors before the accident. When this was showed to the insurance company they went after the repair shop for charging for new or undamaged doors, and just fixing the old doors.

good point.

Quick Reply: accident