Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

air bag warning light

Old 08-03-2023, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air bag warning light

Getting an intermittent air bag warning light. No details on my OBD reader. Visited the local mechanic and was told that I would have to go to a Jeep dealer (closest is 90 miles away), because he's "not authorized". Was I getting the brush-off? i.e. Drive 90 miles, or find another mechanic?

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2023, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 358 Likes on 334 Posts

Welcome to JKF.. what is your Jeep.. Have you checked https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle ? IMO do the recall check 1st to verify your rig is IN or NOT IN the Clock Spring Recall before going to another repair source.. IF under the recall = trip to the dealership. You might check YouTube for videos on how to replace the Clock Spring if not under the recall.
Old 08-03-2023, 08:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
Welcome to JKF.. what is your Jeep.. Have you checked https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle ? IMO do the recall check 1st to verify your rig is IN or NOT IN the Clock Spring Recall before going to another repair source.. IF under the recall = trip to the dealership. You might check YouTube for videos on how to replace the Clock Spring if not under the recall.
2010... IN
Thank you!

Quick Reply: air bag warning light