Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

All 4 O2 sensors reading low (happened all at once)

Old 08-01-2022, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All 4 O2 sensors reading low (happened all at once)

Bought our 08 JK a year ago. Talked into putting another engine in after so many issues with old one. We are trying to winnow down all the trouble codes and now only down to P0031, 0051, 0037 and 0057 O2 sensor low banks 1 and 2, sensors 1 and 2. Help! We have checked all the fuses, cleaned all O2 sensors, checked all grounds, and replaced the front passenger sensor 1 upstream. We have also reset the PCM and cleared all codes, but the 4 codes still remain. HELP before we pull our hair out. We are worried it might be the PCM, but hoping someone might be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

PS the O2 sensor changed was changed, but an OEM was not available so we bought bosch. Was the madness? ARGGGG
Old 08-02-2022, 11:36 AM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts
Default it's probably the pcm...

The codes are for o2 sensor heater circuit low. Low means near zero volts sensed, and 4 shorted heaters or wiring thereto grounded is pretty unlikely, so I'd be looking at the pcm.

Stay in touch
Old 08-02-2022, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we are thinking that as well, but I’m also wondering if I should see if the original PCM for that engine should be found. Or, does it really matter? My hubby found a cheat to jump over the heater to see if that could be a bandaid. Has anyone else tried it?

thanks for your input!

Originally Posted by Mr.T
The codes are for o2 sensor heater circuit low. Low means near zero volts sensed, and 4 shorted heaters or wiring thereto grounded is pretty unlikely, so I'd be looking at the pcm.

Stay in touch
Old 08-02-2022, 01:55 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Suggest looking at fs1inc.com for a lower cost replacement pcm.

Quick Reply: All 4 O2 sensors reading low (happened all at once)