Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Another check engine light on my brand new 2013 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon 4dr

Old 06-30-2013, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another check engine light on my brand new 2013 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon 4dr

So the first time the light came on it was at 340ish miles was the "knock sensor and is very sensitive" is what they told me when i took it in and reset it and now at 2350ish it came on just driven down the road and still drives fine and that same symptoms as last time. Hope they fix it cuz I'm about to be pissed. Brand new and having problems already. This isn't supposed to be how just you empty every pocket! Lol
Old 07-01-2013, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a search, you may have the dreaded 3.6 cylinder missfire which is a known head problem.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

We just had a CEL/MIL/"check engine light" set on our 2013 JKUR. The code is P06DD, oil pressure control circuit low condition. Apparently this is a common nuisance indicating an issue with either the oil pressure sensor or an early failure of the pump itself.

Checked the oil level, read the forum, and cleared the code. All good. 8500 miles.

It came on again around 8700 miles. It looks like we have a persistent issue. Bought the stuff to change the oil and filter (different brand - NAPA Gold versus Purolator). If the problem still persists, we'll be dropping the Jeep off at the dealer.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I'm at the dealer now waiting to see what they say I haven't told them yet about the previous one
Old 07-01-2013, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well turns out it's the PMU or CMU it's the computer basically. I will get the jeep tomorrow and hope everything is gonna be okay. But the loaner they gave me is a dodge challenger not even the v8 they gave me the v6. What a bummer lol.

Last edited by JKEmmert77; 07-01-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well yesterday I went and picked up the jeep. So I went and drove under 15 miles and the light came back on. So I took it back and they took it. They installed a PCM that's new yesterday before I picked it up and drove it before I took it back. Lemon law in Cali for me. Unless jeep gives me a new one. So they are replace the knock sensor at the moment. Probably wont get it back to Monday or so now. They told us its a nation wide problem with no answers.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

So picked up the jeep again today. They ended up putting a new wiring harness in from the engine and to the computer. And the almost put a 100 miles on it just testing it. So that solves that I guess for now we will see
Old 07-06-2013, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

Im in the same boat as you, mine started with the check engine light and trans limp mode at 2300ish miles for the cam phasers. They reflashed the comp first, then at 5800ish light came on and trans limp mode, same code, cam phasers. Replaced the the entire cam phasers system inside the motor along with and new sensor or 2. Light cam back on at 6200ish miles for the cam phasers again, this time they replaced the sensors and the PCM. Light came on for the 4th time at 8200ish miles, again for the cam phasers....

I started a claim with chrysler care at this point, and they contacted me with my one and only option...let them try to fix it again. At this point I informed the lady at CC that this wasn't an agreeable option for me. To no avail, I had to hire a lawyer, now the waiting game is on. The jeep has been parked for almost a month now waiting on a response from chrysler. The Lemon law itself is very vague here in SC, basically states that Chrysler has a REASONABLE number of attempts to fix the problem, but at $40k, I feel that 3 is a reasonable number of times!

Good luck with yours as well
Old 07-07-2013, 10:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I have about a hundred more miles on it since I picked it up. I have a pcm and new harness from the pcm and engine. They blamed the harness on a sodering job on one of the connections. But Carl burger know about my jeep and the issues. Still haven't heard from jeep about the claim. Still waiting. Will post more when notified
Old 07-08-2013, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

well this is bad news.
I thought chrysler was on top of quality control but i guess not.
I got a CEL the 2nd day I owned mine :(

Quick Reply: Another check engine light on my brand new 2013 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon 4dr