Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Another fan motor dies

Old 07-12-2008, 11:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another fan motor dies

Two great days of off-roading and the Rubi did great. Wheeling today up a steep hill and saw the temp guage quickly rise (it finally moved off dead center). After some testing, it was the fan motor that wasn't working. The Jeep is only 4 months old and the mud 15 minutes earlier wasn't that deep.

We'll see what the dealer has to say on Monday.

By the way, AAA towed me 123 miles home at no charge, even though my plan only goes up to 100 miles. It was their way of apologizing for taking too long to get a truck out to us. Being a member for over 35 years probably didn't hurt.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:02 AM
JK Jedi

Interesting. You'll have to update if it was a random failure or caused by something else.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

What happened JK Dawg?
Old 07-21-2008, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry, forgot to update this post.

The dealer said that the fan relay did not work. They put in a new one that did work, but then tried the old one again, and guess what? Yeah, no problem. They left the new relay in, and so far no over heating and the fan comes on when it should. However, I've been in nothing worse than some stop & go traffic.

Quick Reply: Another fan motor dies