Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Another Spring Question

Old 02-25-2018, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Spring Question

Ok so gotta spring question for you guy. I did try searching quite a bit and checking forums but can't seem to find the answer to this. I have a 2018 rubicon recon. Initially I thought it was the same height as a rubicon, but then I heard that it actually has different springs and sits just a little bit higher. So I started to searching the PN for the springs... what I came up with for the recon was this: https://www.rubitrux.com/jeep-wrangl...n-springs.html Front - 68196006AA ; Rear - 68024461AA.

So I went out to check the tag on my springs...

Rear - 68024461AA
Front - 68196005AA

I tried to search for anyone else mentioning springs that end in 005AA but couldn't find anything. Any ideas on what the difference is. Did they change them in 2018 or what? Oh also as far as ordering parts I found 005 is about 3-6 dollars less then the 006AA springs. Is one better than the other? Any help would be appreciated
Old 02-25-2018, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I may have spoke too soon.... I found this

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/fa...htmlOriginally Posted by Old Dogger
There are two different sets of 10a springs!

68196006AA Front
68196009AA Rear

^^^These will give you the most lift, and are used from the factory on a 4 door, with a Hard Top.

68196005AA Front
68024461AA Rear

^^^4 door with a Soft Top.
Quote:Originally Posted by H3br3whamm3r81
Hey Robert,

There are different springs on 10As, too. It all depends on the build of the 10A. The 06/09 combo is found on '13 Unlimited 10As with Max Tow Package and hardtop. You will find different springs for 10A without Max Tow Package and also without hardtop, as the Jeep is not as heavy and will not be towing (right off the lot, since it has no hitch).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So new question. Since I got the Jeep I've added a hard top. I plan to add the Toe package this month. Should eventually consider changing the springs to 68196006AA Front, 68196009AA Rear. It seems pretty specific that they'd change springs based on hard top or soft top or just based on toe receiver or not. Would it make any sort of noticeable difference.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

That hard top is stupid heavy. I notice a difference in ride height in my two door with Teraflex 2.5in spring lift between when I have to roof on and when I have it off. And with the hitch they expect you to put more weight on the Jeep by pulling a trailer.

I really wouldn't spend money on factory springs, unless you find a used set of the ones you want for like $40 or less. If you aren't planning on lifting, I would say through a small spacer on it (front and or rear) to get it to sit the way you want.

Happy Jeeping!

Quick Reply: Another Spring Question