Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Anybody completely remove spare tire and bracket (third light as well)

Old 04-12-2011, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody completely remove spare tire and bracket (third light as well)

I bought 4 33' duratracs this winter with the intention of getting the 5th before the first rotation. That did not happen. I dont want to buy one just for show as I've put 15000kms on them and cant rotate a new tire into the mix. I hate the way my stock spare looks. Has anyone removed the spare, the bracket and the third light so the rear gate is just smooth? I'm wondering how that would look. If anyone's done it do you have pics?

Thanks,

Shogunn
Old 04-12-2011, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

Look into the poison spyder tramp stamp. Just do a search for it.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:06 PM
JK Freak

I did this before I got my tire carrier and I liked the looks of it. it is only six bolts and a wire connector so if you dont like it is easy to put back on.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I rode around for about a month before I got my bumper/carrier. It is just a few bolts to remove. Some people put on the poison spyder tramp stamp, but I don't think its needed.

Quick Reply: Anybody completely remove spare tire and bracket (third light as well)