Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Anyone using HotHead Polycarbonate Soft Top Windows?

Old 06-22-2016, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using HotHead Polycarbonate Soft Top Windows?

Hey y'all, I'm about to purchase a new mopar premium twill soft top for my 2012 JK Sahara and want to have the vinyl windows replaced with Hotheads Polycarbonate replacements.

Wondering if anyone out there in the JK community have done this and what are their thoughts? Are you also using the sleeve they make? Does it fit behind a folded down top and the rear seat in a 2dr JK with Subwoofer?

How do you like the craftsmanship of the product? Any leaking? Any issues really at all?

Pictures would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-23-2016, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

This is the first I have herd of them but they look awesome! Only thing is the back window might be a pain in the ass. I normally just unzip the sides and flip it up on the top when I need access to the back. Don't know how easy it would be getting into the back with a stiffer window. I really like the looks of these and the price looks to be some what reasonable. How hard it would be to buy a sheet of 1/16 lexan and do it yourself?

Last edited by Derek1976; 06-23-2016 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

I would bet it would be pretty damn difficult to get professional results without the industrial equipment. If you watch his video it appears they are pretty pliable. Obviously not as pliable as vinyl but I think zipping the rear window to the top and using the weight of the rear bar on top the top would work just fine I'd imagine?

Yea, I'm really interested in these. I snagged a MOPAR Premium Twill soft top on CL for $350 off a 2015 JK that the guy who had really bungled polishing the windows. (used a headlight restore kit with the sandpaper discs!!!) I couldn't pass on the deal despite the windows looking like poo poo.

Any way if anyone has any good reviews, I'd love to hear about them. I'm surprise more people haven't tried this. Maybe because if you have a soft top as you're own top it's not that easy to just send the windows out for a 1-2 weeks turnaround while you're without?

Quick Reply: Anyone using HotHead Polycarbonate Soft Top Windows?