Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

AutoStick randomly doesn't work

Old 05-09-2018, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AutoStick randomly doesn't work

I have a 2013 JKU with auto trans. For years I've been using the AutoStick feature in circumstances that I want to be in control of what gear I'm in or make better decisions than the shitty automatic transmission shift points.

Recently it only seems to work whenever it feels like it which has left me in a few circumstances where I'm at a point where I need to shift and cannot unless I keep trying over and over until it finally changes gear.
For example. I'll be in first gear and don't want it to shift into second at lower speeds so I'll enable AutoStick, but once I start getting up there i'll want to change to second gear but it refuses to go when I want it to which is causing long periods of high RPM's, a situation I really don't want to keep happening.

Does anyone know what the setup is with these? Are there contact points that may need to be cleaned perhaps? or other known electronic issue that anyone is aware of?

Would love to resolve this.

Last edited by Namtaru; 05-09-2018 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

bumping for one last attempt at a resolution.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:56 PM
JK Newbie

Hey did you ever find a fix for this?
Old 01-09-2020, 02:49 AM
JK Newbie

Hopefully this helps someone else.
I disconnected the negative battery terminal for 30 minutes & it’s been working normally for months.

Quick Reply: AutoStick randomly doesn't work