Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hard Rock/Recon bumper skid install question

Old 01-17-2018, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard Rock/Recon bumper skid install question

Greetings,

I have a complete hard rock bumper and skid that I'm installing on my 2015 JKUR. I have all of the original bolts for the skid, and the front bumper has all of the needed u clip nuts for the skid bolt mounts. The steel skid has two holes where it appears that I'll need two more u clip nuts to mount it to a crossmember. Does anyone have a picture of how those two crossmember u clip nuts install? If they are the same u clip nuts as those used under the bumper, then I can just get two more of those, but if they are a different type of nut, then I'd like to get the correct ones before tearing into the project. Online parts schematics for the hard rock cross member and related parts aren't really clear. If you have a pic of the crossmember where the skid bolts up, and I'd love to see a pic, so I can plan ahead. Thanks.

-Ted

Quick Reply: Hard Rock/Recon bumper skid install question