Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

axle u-joint

Old 07-12-2013, 07:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default axle u-joint

trying to change u joint on drivers side, i have a new one and it comes with c clips, old one doesn't look like it does, haven't got old one out yet, it looks different, rounded on top where i thought c clip should be, can i just press the old ones out? and what about clips on new one? axle is out , just confused on old one, any help ?
thanks
Old 07-12-2013, 07:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyJ
trying to change u joint on drivers side, i have a new one and it comes with c clips, old one doesn't look like it does, haven't got old one out yet, it looks different, rounded on top where i thought c clip should be, can i just press the old ones out? and what about clips on new one? axle is out , just confused on old one, any help ?
thanks
Look for the c-clips inside the yokes.

Last edited by ronjenx; 07-12-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:48 AM
JK Newbie

thanks, between being tired and all the rust i wasn't seeing them , all is good now
Old 07-13-2013, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

Default speed sensor

now i have ABS ESP BAS lights on , i was careful with the speed sensor and all looked good,
went to dealer and bought new sensor, all is well now

Last edited by JimmyJ; 07-13-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Quick Reply: axle u-joint