Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

B1A25-invalid key

Old 08-03-2023, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default B1A25-invalid key

recently started having random no start issues. replaced starter which was 10years old but didnt help. have a new ignition switch but havent installed yet. didnt get a cel but scanned pcm and found a code B1A25-invalid key from wireless control module. problem happens with spare key as well. if anyone has had this problem can you please post the solution?
thanks
Old 08-06-2023, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 358 Likes on 334 Posts

You could consider: skim key module as a possible cause.. check this informaiton https://store.allcomputerresources.c...im-delete.html
Old 08-07-2023, 03:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having a similar problem with my 2007 JKU. Have you had a chance to install the ignition switch yet? I have replaced the battery, the terminals, and most recently the starter and still having the same issue. The ignition switch was where I was headed next. Just curious if you have installed it and what happened. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2023, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
You could consider: skim key module as a possible cause.. check this informaiton https://store.allcomputerresources.c...im-delete.html
thanks for the link. started digging into that and after some googling found my jscan app has an option to disable the wcm but i dont really feel like being a guinea pig for it lol.

Originally Posted by msudawg
I am having a similar problem with my 2007 JKU. Have you had a chance to install the ignition switch yet? I have replaced the battery, the terminals, and most recently the starter and still having the same issue. The ignition switch was where I was headed next. Just curious if you have installed it and what happened. Thanks!
yep and still have same problem.
Old 08-07-2023, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

oh yeah theres this tsb as well
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TSB_08-007-08.pdf (115.1 KB, 92 views)
Old 08-08-2023, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

i contacted jscan about the wcm disable feature amd they said: "It won’t work, disabling skim is much more complex on JK platform." lol, at least they are honest.
Old 08-08-2023, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk

If going this route, can you still drive the vehicle or ids it out of commission until you get the module back? Thanks!
Old 08-08-2023, 12:28 PM
JK Newbie

If going this route, can you still drive the vehicle or ids it out of commission until you get the module back? Thanks!
Nevermind, I just thought it was the skim that was removed. The vehicle won't run until the PCM is reinstalled. Also looks like you never reinstall the skim after this is done. Does the skim delete affect they fob's ability to remote lock/unlock the vehicle?

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2023, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

no because you have to send them the pcm, not the wcm. im in canada and also have a hemi swap so its not something im gonna do but if you do please post back how it works or if it works haja
Old 08-08-2023, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

Alright. Still thinking about it, but if I do, I will definitely let you know. Thanks
The following users liked this post:
JKJB (08-09-2023)

Quick Reply: B1A25-invalid key