Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bent stabilizer: leave it on or take it off

Old 02-15-2014, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent stabilizer: leave it on or take it off

Hey guys, I was wheeling at the badlands today and i came down on a rock and bent my stabilizer. Its bent and leaking fluid. I have a 3.5hr drive home tomorrow on the freeway. I was wondering if I should just leave the stabilizer on or if it would be better to take it off for the ride home?

Old 02-15-2014, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 02-15-2014, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

You need to take it off and replace it soon. Your chance of getting death wobble goes up and once you get death wobble it will do damage to your steering linkage end links
Old 02-16-2014, 03:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

If your front components are in good shape running without a stabilizer will NOT increase your chances of DW. I have run without one several times for extended periods and it's fine.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Firelyle
If your front components are in good shape running without a stabilizer will NOT increase your chances of DW. I have run without one several times for extended periods and it's fine.
You are correct...IF...your steering components are in good shape.
IF you are not 100% on what shape of your steering components are AND they are factory the safe thing to do is replace it soon...unless you need an excuse to upgrade

Quick Reply: Bent stabilizer: leave it on or take it off