Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bestop soft top

Old 06-28-2016, 05:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bestop soft top

My 2008 2 door JK OEM soft top was aging and had split. I had bought a very slightly used Bestop from a private party 2 years ago. Although difficult, the new top seemed to install normally. The sunrider bracket, the velcro bow section and the rear all fit fine. BUT, I didn't get new windows and all went well with the OEM side windows. The rear window was another story. It started fine, kinda made it across the top but that was it. The window seems about 1.5 inches too narrow. I spoke to Bestop tech support and the assured me that my "new" top is for a 2008. The newer tops (2011+) have a cable and some spring mechanism, not the fold under gutters over the door. So, a 2011+ window will be much too big. I am in the midst of releasing all the clamps, velcro center bar, and screwed-in tabs over the rear bow, let the top "cook" in the sun and try to readjust, re-center and re-install the top. Any other suggestions are appreciated, including an accurate measurement of of a 2007-2010 rear window at a few places. Again Bestop said the 2008 OEM and Bestop take the same size window and my window should fit. Help!!!

Quick Reply: Bestop soft top