Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bikini header? s

Old 04-23-2012, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bikini header? s

I'm im the market for a header top, I've searched for threads but not finding what I'm looking for. I have a 2012 JKU Sport and am interest in the rugged ridge island toper or the smittybuilt one. Anybody here have any experience with either of these. Any input would be greatly appreciated. JEEP on my friends.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The smittybuilt is garbage. Bad fit, flaps like crazy, won't stay tight and the buckles break when trying to tighten it Don't waste your money. When it comes to anything top related always buy Bestop even if it's more money.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 71Luber
The smittybuilt is garbage. Bad fit, flaps like crazy, won't stay tight and the buckles break when trying to tighten it Don't waste your money. When it comes to anything top related always buy Bestop even if it's more money.
X2 on that Bestop is the only way to go.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't waste your money on anything that needs a header or a solid material topper. Look into spiderwebshade.com! Their products are amazing and durable as can be! (no header and really really quite even on hwy) If you use the code JKF you will also save 10%. If you have any questions about their product, they are a vendor on here and I'm sure they would be glad to answer any question you have. I personally have the trail shade as well as many others here in AZ and we all love them

BTW- Huge Bonus! You NEVER have to take off the spiderwebshade like you would anything with a header. Spiderwebshades are designed to stay on at all times under soft tops or hard.

Last edited by Hskr4x4; 04-24-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:39 AM
JK Junkie

I had a bestop on my old tj and never had a problem with it

Plan on getting on for my new jk

Matthew
Old 04-24-2012, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
I had a bestop on my old tj and never had a problem with it

Plan on getting on for my new jk

Matthew
Yup, Bestop on my TJ lasted 7 years, even sold it when I bought the JK because it was in such good shape. Smittybuilt lasted about 2 months on the JK.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4
I wouldn't waste your money on anything that needs a header or a solid material topper. Look into spiderwebshade.com! Their products are amazing and durable as can be! (no header and really really quite even on hwy) If you use the code JKF you will also save 10%. If you have any questions about their product, they are a vendor on here and I'm sure they would be glad to answer any question you have. I personally have the trail shade as well as many others here in AZ and we all love them

BTW- Huge Bonus! You NEVER have to take off the spiderwebshade like you would anything with a header. Spiderwebshades are designed to stay on at all times under soft tops or hard.
What do you do with the Spider Shade when it rains?? You can not compare the Spider Shade with a solid material top They serve different purposes. As far as solid material tops go my Bestop Safari and header works well with my 2010.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4

Thanks for the input but I did consider this product but I'm looking for a solid material top. Here in Utah we get some crazy thunderstorms in the summer. Again thank you.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 71Luber
That's great to know. I would be pissed if I would have wasted my money on that, even if it is fourty dollars cheaper.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has anybody ever tried the Rugged Ridge Island Topper w/ the corner pockets?

Quick Reply: Bikini header? s