Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bolt size?

Old 06-29-2009, 08:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolt size?

While looking over the underside of my Jeep today, I noticed that the bolt on the bottom end of my driver side front sway bar link abandoned ship. Anyone know off the top of their head what size the bolt is so I do not have to remove the other one to find out. I should be able to pick one up at Lowe's or Home Depot, right, or do I have to go to the dealer?

Thanks for the info!
Old 06-29-2009, 08:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats just the wrench size for the nut and head of the bolt Toad, not the actual length/width of the bolt. not that I know what it is though lol
Old 06-29-2009, 09:01 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by toad
Wouldn't it be the same?
no the head is the 18mm but how long and thick the shaft is, is what the important part is ( i can't believe I typed that) For what it's worth the lower shock bolts are the same bolts as the lower swaybar bolts.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Well, I found 12mm bolts that are 2 3/4" in length, but they were not flanged. I got the bolts, 2 washers per bolt that are the same width as the flange and a lock washer for each bolt for good measure. They seem to be OK, but the head was not 18mm. 19mm is my new friend.

Falcon, what system do you work on? My nephew does egress at Shaw on F-16's.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:17 PM
JK Junkie

If your still looking for the bolt I think I still have mine when I installed the Sway Bar Disconnects. Let me know if you want them.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:35 PM
JK Super Freak

I appreciate the offer, Kupost. Unless there is something horribly wrong with my new bolts, I am good. I will contact you, though, if the other ones dont cut it.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Kupost
If your still looking for the bolt I think I still have mine when I installed the Sway Bar Disconnects. Let me know if you want them.

Thanks to Kupost, I will soon be getting the factory replacements that I need at no cost. He, along with the rest of you that are willing to help, are what make this forum the great community that it is. Thanks to all!

Marc

Quick Reply: Bolt size?