Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bought a new Soft Top, some questions

Old 12-20-2011, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a new Soft Top, some questions

I have a 2009, bought a 2008 soft top. I have some questions.

I spread the top and parts out across the den, much to my wife's displeasure, and the only thing missing it seems, is one of the clips that go in the back for the back window/curtain. It has one, but not the other, seems to be about a $10 part, no big deal. How important are those? I guess it, when the tailgate is closed, keeps water and people out of the rear? Can I run with the one or do I need both?

The door frames, I assume that the roll bar has everything predrilled or tapped to attach the frames? To run the hard top, those frames have to be off, right?

The front header, the guy that sold it to me, got it from a Jeep that he bought and sold at auction, so neither one of us knows if the header has been updated (I think there is a TSB on it for wind noise), is this right? Also, since I am not the original owner, do I still have any rights to get the TSB done? Again if there is a TSB on it?

Anything else I need to know when I install it when it gets warmer?
Old 12-20-2011, 12:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need the 2 clips to hold the tailgate bar down. They are cheap, your local dealer should stock them.

Quick Reply: Bought a new Soft Top, some questions