Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Brake controller adapter avail so I don't have to splice wire?

Old 03-16-2013, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake controller adapter avail so I don't have to splice wire?

Need to add a trailer brake controller to '13 JKUR. I remember how difficult this was on '11, had to tap into a brake light wire under the dash and there was almost no room to work. Is anyone aware of a harness/adapter that lets me wire in a brake controller without having to splice a factory wire? I'm not a big fan of splice/crimp connections and would be great to have a "T" connector that uses sockets/plugs so everything is solderless, spliceless, and lets me return to factory config by just unplugging the harness.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Not aware of a harness but I highly recommend the prodigy 2 controller. It has a feature so you can unplug the controller and store it when you don't need it. And, I didn't actually mount mine. It just sits wedged between the transfer case shifter and the emergency brake.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Also, there is a specific place you should go through the firewall. It's in the engine compartment on the drivers side. I think there is a grommet there with the tube that carries the washer fluid to the back window. The shop that installed my wiring didn't believe me about that location, but I forced them to look there after reading up on this forum.

Quick Reply: Brake controller adapter avail so I don't have to splice wire?