Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Braking issue..

Old 04-26-2012, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Braking issue..

My 72k 07 JKU has been to the shop close to a half dozen times for soft brakes. I've grown used to the pump-brake and not following too closely because I've been told by 2 shops and 5 mechs that my brakes are fine. A buddy has been driving my Jeep and called the other day asking if I had air in my lines (which is how it feels) Took it to the dealer again. Clean bill of health. Anyone else having/had this problem? 3" lift, no added weight, stock sahara wheels and tires. Scared to add 35's if I'm having trouble stopping 32's. It's not horrible but there is definitely something not right. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every Chrysler product I have owned has been that way. My 98 feels down right scary but seems to stop. So, compared to my truck the jeep feels good. I want to add braided brake lines. I think the lines are a good part of the problem.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:44 PM
JK Junkie

Have they bled the ABS system. There is a way that they can use a star scan and activate the ABS pump. The service writer didn't know about this but, the tech did. I had this done to mine and there was an improvement with my brakes.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Moochie
Have they bled the ABS system. There is a way that they can use a star scan and activate the ABS pump. The service writer didn't know about this but, the tech did. I had this done to mine and there was an improvement with my brakes.
Will def check into that. Thanks
Old 12-26-2013, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TYDFAN
Will def check into that. Thanks
Did you ever check into that? i have the same issue now ith my 07 sahara... Soft and squisy... nothing seems to help.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

Replace front rotors with dimpled slotted rotors and stainless steel brake lines. Big difference
Old 12-26-2013, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ezdoesit06
Replace front rotors with dimpled slotted rotors and stainless steel brake lines. Big difference
lol already been looking into some new brake lines... I'll add rotors to the list... Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Not with my jeep, but in my silverado I did a lot of mountain driving and over heated my rotors once. They glazed over and pretty much did what u described. I took the rotors off and resurfaced them. Problem solved. Not sure if this is what is going on with yours

Quick Reply: Braking issue..