Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Brand new rubicon problems

Old 10-15-2014, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand new rubicon problems

Hey guys. Just picked up my '15 JKUR. Got it home. Love it. Realized the horn doesn't work, then realized the steering wheel audio controls don't work. This problem comes and goes. Also the cruise controls and other buttons on the steering wheel aren't always lit up. Are they supposed to stay on steady? I'll be going to the dealer tomorrow just wanted to see if I could have an idea of what gives
Old 10-15-2014, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Sounds like something is loose. I have no problems with mine,nand yes it should always light up when the lights are on. I'm sure the dealer will take care of it.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plug came loose in steering column. Dealership can fix in 10 minutes.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've also found that the fuses are not always pushed all the way in. It's at least a quick and easy thing to check, just pull the covers and give each fuse a little push with the thumb.

Quick Reply: Brand new rubicon problems