Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

breaking issue on sorta stock Rubicon

Old 01-17-2011, 09:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bmw

I know I drive a Jeep and it's awesome. Best Jeep that there is to buy. However, when I go to work my employers keep asking me to do things like every single day I go to work. So, I think it's ok to tell Jeep where they could do better. I'm sure they'd tell you if you sucked if you worked for them.

I know when I ride a bike I use the back breaks or I feel very unstable, and I bust my teeth.
I know when I drive my friends beamer and hit the breaks the rear squats (no forward lean)
I now understand the weight distribution up front logic.
I was just trying to understand if there was something seriously wrong, if other people were aware of this, just general normal/abnormal feedback...

Most of all I just wanted to know if or how I could tell the Rubi to use an equal amount of braking for every tire for ride comfort and equal wear...
Old 01-18-2011, 05:13 AM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every car works like your Jeep. The rear brakes do much less work. Even cars like a Ferrari have smaller, less powerful brakes on the rear. It has to be balanced for stability, not for even wear. Powerful rear brakes would create massive oversteer and under powered braking overall.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I changed out my rear pads at around 33K miles, which is not too bad. Now I am at 65+K, the rears are still good (when I replaced the rears, I went ceramic) and the front stock pads are now starting to squeal. I am told that this kind of wear is normal. You are the first person I have heard of with the front brake pads wearing faster than the rears

Quick Reply: breaking issue on sorta stock Rubicon