Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bug Deflectors

Old 11-17-2010, 09:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bug Deflectors

Do bug deflectors really deflect bugs or prevent bugs from splattering on your windshield? Do they really work or are they for looks? I've seen a lot of JKs on here with them and I never knew what they were or how they worked.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I the brand I got doesn't help, except at the bottom. I bought the cheaper version by Wade.

The Mopar version has a curved lip that may give better lift of the air to keep bugs off.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:44 PM
JK Super Freak

i am interested in ppls opinions here on this too
Old 11-17-2010, 11:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since I've installed the one I picked up from QuadraTec, I havn't had nearly as many bugs on the windshiels. It is getting a bit colder out, so there may be less bugs in my arar though.
Here is the set I got: http://www.quadratec.com/products/12525_1420_07.htm
it does look good on the JK thought, and has stopped alot of small chips on the front of the hood, and the tailgate protector works well.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have used a deflector on my Jeep from almost day one. Without a deflector is absolutly horrible. But running a deflector is only a slight improvement. You can visualy see the trajectory change as a bug crosses over the hood. But usualy not enough to climb over that wall that it is fastly approaching
Old 11-19-2010, 01:48 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
I have used a deflector on my Jeep from almost day one. Without a deflector is absolutly horrible. But running a deflector is only a slight improvement. You can visualy see the trajectory change as a bug crosses over the hood. But usualy not enough to climb over that wall that it is fastly approaching
So it is purely asthetic. But I do see the point of protecting the paint on the hood from rocks.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matt852
So it is purely asthetic. But I do see the point of protecting the paint on the hood from rocks.
You can get the 3M Clear bra to protect from rock chips! You can get the kit to cover the head & fog lights, front grill, front 1/4 of the hood and front fenders if you have the fancy Sahara color matching ones like I do!

It has worked great for the last 3 years!
Old 11-19-2010, 03:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Don't waste your money on those things, they don't work.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by genesbro
Don't waste your money on those things, they don't work.
I wasn't ever consider buying one just wondering what the purpose was or if they really deflected bugs haha I don't understand bras either wouldn't mud and lots of sunlight really destroy those fast?
Old 11-19-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Lorrel
Since I've installed the one I picked up from QuadraTec, I havn't had nearly as many bugs on the windshiels. It is getting a bit colder out, so there may be less bugs in my arar though.
Here is the set I got: http://www.quadratec.com/products/12525_1420_07.htm
it does look good on the JK thought, and has stopped alot of small chips on the front of the hood, and the tailgate protector works well.
Those are the ones I'm getting do you like them, are the easy to install?

Quick Reply: Bug Deflectors