Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Build Sheets

Old 05-07-2012, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build Sheets

My dealer says they don't know what I'm talking about when i asked for my newly purchased JK. Is there any way to get a copy of my JK's build sheet?
Old 05-07-2012, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just did this exact thing last week. I sent an email request to:
http://www.jeep.com/jeepcares
Included my VIN# and received my build sheet about 24 hours later in a return email.

Worked out sweet. Hope this helps you out.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jdowse
Just did this exact thing last week. I sent an email request to:
jeep - Contact Us
Included my VIN# and received my build sheet about 24 hours later in a return email.

Worked out sweet. Hope this helps you out.
Just emailed Jeep for my build sheet. Hopefully it works. Thanks for the link!

Update: Got a reply from Jeep with a listing of all the different components. Not as detailed as I would like but it's a start. I was looking for Part numbers for the suspension springs in particular. I was dumb and cut the tags off when it was new. Now I don't know what they are. Oh well...lesson learned.

Thanks for the link!

Last edited by JeepinJer; 05-10-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

For quick and dirty on a newer JK you can do this:
http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...BJWFG4CL224338

Gives you a digital copy of the window sticker. Replace the VIN in the link with your VIN (or any VIN). Seems like Jeep only keeps the data for a few years. A few folks have said it doesn't work with their older JK's. I know every '12 I've used it with has worked. Also one never sold '11.

Also seems like Jeep is inconsistent with how stuff gets listed on there. I've seen several that list the same options differently. Some have charges for stuff while others don't. Some list them in different orders and some include options together as a package. Still, it is helpful.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks will give it a try.

Originally Posted by AJMBLAZER
For quick and dirty on a newer JK you can do this:
http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...BJWFG4CL224338

Gives you a digital copy of the window sticker. Replace the VIN in the link with your VIN (or any VIN). Seems like Jeep only keeps the data for a few years. A few folks have said it doesn't work with their older JK's. I know every '12 I've used it with has worked. Also one never sold '11.

Also seems like Jeep is inconsistent with how stuff gets listed on there. I've seen several that list the same options differently. Some have charges for stuff while others don't. Some list them in different orders and some include options together as a package. Still, it is helpful.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default invalid VIN

My VIN is not being recognized by the Jeep site?? Also, my insurance company has now sent me a form requesting a valid VIN. I have double and triple checked the VIN and I've got it right. I called the dealer and they have confirmed its correct but Jeep and two ins companies have said the vin is NOT valid?? Anyone else experience this?

Quick Reply: Build Sheets