Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bumps on hood.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bumps on hood.

I'm talking about those big rubber nipples that cushion the windshield when it's folded down. Since it's such a hassle to do so, I'd like to replace them with something flat and waterproof. I was giving the Jeep it's quarterly bath the other day and one of them came loose. I don't want to lose them, so I thought about replacing them. Any ideas?
Old 02-20-2008, 02:51 PM
JK Freak

While I don't think the idea was well received by many I recall a post where somebody did fine some flat plastic pieces that they put in place of the rubber stops. Not sure what to search on but it might be worth some searching.

Edit: check down in this thread for ktnr's hood w/o ... I was bored ... https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/what%60s-meaning-these-2-rubber-fronthood-bumps-22691/

Last edited by deadspot; 02-20-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

you can allways try a black sticker?
Old 02-20-2008, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been giving thought to removing them and replacing them with a nice pair of Off-Road Lights. Food for thought? Take care... Mike
Old 02-20-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mdantonio
I've been giving thought to removing them and replacing them with a nice pair of Off-Road Lights. Food for thought? Take care... Mike
I don't think the hood will support the lights well, It's fairly thin sheet metal and will probably sag when lights are on there.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:46 PM
JK Freak

Leave them out. The holes will provide extra venting and will reduce hood lift and wiggle.... of course you know I'm joking ...... I like nipples.... er hood nipples.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks, guys.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

extra venting! hah... the holes are like 1/4 inch.... I've thought about lights there also... just need some washers, it shoud be plenty strong. Although ya probably would have to drill larger holes for the light bolts....
Old 02-23-2008, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by reininmud
extra venting! hah... the holes are like 1/4 inch.... I've thought about lights there also... just need some washers, it shoud be plenty strong. Although ya probably would have to drill larger holes for the light bolts....
Don't you think that with the sheet metal being so thin that the lights would wobble around? I don't think that would create a very solid base, even with big washers.

I have seen mounts for a high lift jack that install in those holes. I am just afraid to lift my high lift across my hood. I know I will drop it and screw up my hood.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

You could mount windshield washer nozzels. Could spray off the windshield like a garden hose then.

Quick Reply: Bumps on hood.