Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

A/C Heater Blower out??

Old 04-15-2014, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Heater Blower out??

Over the last year or so I have had jumped in the Jeep and turned on the air and nothing would come out of the vents. I can hear the A/C condenser kick on but no air comes through. Ive tried turning it off and turning it back on and then drive a few minutes and it would come on. Yesterday I drove about two hours and jumped out of the Jeep for 15 minutes and got back in to head out to school and the air wouldn't come on. I am almost certain that its the blower motor that went out. I took off my glove box and saw that when I turned the a/c /fan knobs that it would kick on and move a few inches and stop. I would hit the button that shows the air circulating through the jeep and it would turn a few inches the other way then stop.

Anyone have this happen to them? I just want to make sure its the blower before I spent the $100 to replace it.

I have a 2008 JKU Sahara with 69xxx miles.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:15 PM
JK Junkie

If it's the actual blower motor that is dead then go to rockauto.com and order your motor there. They're $20 at that site and the part number actually crosses with a civic if you'd rather try a scrap yard for a used motor to confirm your suspicions.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestion. Ill check out that site.

Quick Reply: A/C Heater Blower out??