Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

A/C Vents

Old 11-08-2010, 11:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A/C Vents

It appears my A/C vents off their tracks. I can turn the dial to all of the settings, but when I reach the defroster settings there is a "jump" in the dial and no air comes out of the defroster vents.

How hard is it to get to the vents back on track? And how to I get to that area to fix it?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hmmm, not sure what is going on there but the easiest thing to do is pull out the glove box and have a look around while you turn the dial.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Yep, other people have had this problem here, & it's apparantly an easy fix. The dial is cable operated, and the cable can skip a gear or get caught on an obstruction inside and not move any further. You just need to pop out the glovebox or centre console (but this takes more work) and adjust it.

Haven't done it myself but it seems easy; there's a write-up here somewhere with pics, maybe use the search function to find it.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the info! Got it all fixed up. I am going to have to have a talk with the wife now.

Once I removed the glove box I found about 30 Starbucks napkins and a bottle of Victoria Secret Lotion.

I don't keep anything in the glove box just because I don't want stuff stolen, but geez I never knew she crammed a bunch of crap in there!
Old 11-09-2010, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jsears
Thanks for the info! Got it all fixed up. I am going to have to have a talk with the wife now.

Once I removed the glove box I found about 30 Starbucks napkins and a bottle of Victoria Secret Lotion.

I don't keep anything in the glove box just because I don't want stuff stolen, but geez I never knew she crammed a bunch of crap in there!
A bunch of napkins, and a bottle of lotion .............. And you want us to believe all of that was your wife's? You don't have a teenage son, do you? ............. Just kidding.
Glad you got it fixed. Was the problem that the cable needing adjusting, as previously posted? Just checking for future reference.

Anthony

Quick Reply: A/C Vents