Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cargo rack?

Old 11-15-2018, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo rack?

Ok I have a question, I’m leaving West Virginia in a couple weeks and have more sh!t up here now than what I brought with me originally lol. What’s a good option as far as a roof rack or something to help get everything home?
Old 11-15-2018, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I have the barricade roof rack and it's ok. I wouldn't buy it again as it doesn't fit and stay snug like I had hoped (driving 5 hrs from VA to WV). It did work to move two kayaks across town but I haven't put any other real weight on it.

The Gobi may be a better option and come with fewer roof noises than the economy brands. I've also used a cargo carrier in the hitch but you've got to ditch your spare tire to have any real room on it.

What is it specifically that you're looking to move? Renting a small trailer from Uhaul may be a better option. I've had more confidence in way more weight on a small trailer than the roof top rack or the cargo hitch rack.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the Garvin Wilderness Expedition rack. I would absolutely buy it again. USA company and great customer service. I have used and abused this rack and it is still perfect.

Here is a link to a video where I discuss it in great detail.

Photo for reference Click image for larger version

Name:	photo856.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	677226

Quick Reply: Cargo rack?