Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

CB Install Help!

Old 07-24-2013, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB Install Help!

HELP!

For the life of me, I cannot pop the passenger side vent out on my 2012 JKU to access the hole in the firewall to run the CB power wire through to the battery. Does it need to be rotated into a specific position before pulling or is it suppose to just snap out? I dislike forcing things without knowing for sure. Any suggestions will be most appreciated.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I could be wrong, but I don't think you need to remove the vent. I don't remember removing a vent when I did mine. Just kinda pushed it on through.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

You're right! You do not have to take the vent out to push the side panel off. Others have advised me that the side panel pops off very easily with a small screw driver. Just checked it out myself and all is good.

By the way, if you're curious where I saw that you had to take the vent out, check out this link for a photo essay on all the steps:

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource» Cobra 75 WXST CB Radio Jeep JK Wrangler Installation

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Possibly easier to remove the side with the vent off? By the way, to remove the vent I think you turn it counter clockwise and pull. Glad you got it figured out.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

x2; don't remove the vent.
Either keep tugging at it or insert a very fine blade standard screwdriver in the crack between the side panel and lower dash and pry it off. It will eventually release (and pops back in just fine, too).

Quick Reply: CB Install Help!