Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

CB radio mount

Old 02-12-2014, 06:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB radio mount

A guys thinking of putting a cb radio in the 2013 jk got any ideas where to mount the radio and the antenna. Thanks
Old 02-12-2014, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RomesJK2013
A guys thinking of putting a cb radio in the 2013 jk got any ideas where to mount the radio and the antenna. Thanks
Check out this thread. It will give you all you want to know. Lots of cool mounts for the Radio and the Antenna.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-c...ing-cbs-13899/
Old 02-12-2014, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default mine

I mounted mine on the dash over the radio.. Ran all the wiring behind the dash, etc.. It looks pretty sweet if you don't mind having it visible for all to see! Personally, I like having it visible and that's an excellent spot. There are a couple of write-ups out there on how to put it there.

As for the antenna, i used the rugged ridge antenna spare tire antenna mount until I get a new rear bumper. It's this one: Amazon.com: Rugged Ridge 11503.89 CB Antenna Mount: Automotive

Be sure and get a nice Firestik antenna
Old 02-12-2014, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ouroborus2012
I mounted mine on the dash over the radio.. Ran all the wiring behind the dash, etc.. It looks pretty sweet if you don't mind having it visible for all to see! Personally, I like having it visible and that's an excellent spot. There are a couple of write-ups out there on how to put it there. As for the antenna, i used the rugged ridge antenna spare tire antenna mount until I get a new rear bumper. It's this one: Amazon.com: Rugged Ridge 11503.89 CB Antenna Mount: Automotive Be sure and get a nice Firestik antenna

What did you use to mount it above the radio if you don't mind me asking
Old 02-12-2014, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RomesJK2013
What did you use to mount it above the radio if you don't mind me asking
All I did was pop the plastic piece over the stereo and I used the mount that came with my CB... Whatever cb ya get will come with it's own mount. I just centered it and screwed it in through the bottom and shabam, that was it. Then I took my dremel and cut a section out of the back just big enough to fit my antenna wire through.

Mounting it was a piece of cake. Make sure ya get 18 feet or more of coax, you'll need AT LEAST that much.

I'm gonna send you a pm.. check it out

Quick Reply: CB radio mount