Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Cd Player Question

Old 05-20-2007, 03:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cd Player Question

Ok I did a search, but it was kind of hard to narrow things down. Basically I want to know if the stock 1 disc player will play burnt DVD's. I know in the manual it says is doesn't, but I was wondering if anyone had tried it.

By the way this is my first post. My Jeep is sitting at the dealer as we speak. Yes, it is killing me, but I want to put a good chunk of money down from the sale of the house so I have to wait until end June to pick her up. 2 Dr X Pearlstone Grey, with all the options of a Sahara except the fenders and stereo.

So if someone could check, or knows that would be much appreciated.
For now I will go back to figuring out all the stuff I want to do to my Jeep.
For the record, I WILL never buy a vehicle two months before pickup....I don't know how you guys who ordered have waited.

-TH
Old 05-20-2007, 07:20 PM
JK Newbie

It depends upon which radio you have - there is the one basic radio that only plays CD's & MP3's - this one is OK with burnt CD's & Jukebox/data CD's (120 songs on a single CD).

The higher model radio has DVD capability - but this is the 6-disc unit. Sounds like you have the basic model, and as such, no luck...
Old 05-21-2007, 03:26 AM
JK Junkie

Default thanks

Ya I do have the base one. Quick question though. Has anyone actually tried to use a DVD in the base one? Just wondering, as I have seen weirder things when it comes to electronics.

-TH
Old 05-21-2007, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Ya I do have the base one. Quick question though. Has anyone actually tried to use a DVD in the base one? Just wondering, as I have seen weirder things when it comes to electronics.

-TH
Yep, I tried it. Didn't work.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by instantclogger
Yep, I tried it. Didn't work.
Crap, figured as much....oh well, thanks Instantclogger...only 37 days 18 hours and 40 min until I get mine though....

-Todd
Old 05-21-2007, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
By the way this is my first post. My Jeep is sitting at the dealer as we speak. Yes, it is killing me, but I want to put a good chunk of money down from the sale of the house so I have to wait until end June to pick her up. 2 Dr X Pearlstone Grey, with all the options of a Sahara except the fenders and stereo.
Greystone Pearl... but it is your first post.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:08 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by gjeepguy
Greystone Pearl... but it is your first post.

See, it's cause I don't have the thing yet.....arg....When I wrote that, I thought it looked odd.

On a side note......I went camping with my 5 year old Kia this weekend....ya...between that POS and the bugs.....not a good time....there are blackflies in Algonquin Park you can grab and punch in the face......
OH Jeep where art thou?

Thanks to gjeepguy for ensuring I NEVER make that mistake again..

TH

Quick Reply: Cd Player Question