Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Center Console Retrofit Help

Old 10-13-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center Console Retrofit Help

I am in need of help from someone with a 2011 or 2012 Unlimited with electric windows. Last weekend I completed my retrofit of a 2011 center console with the much improved armrest into my 2009 Sahara. The console itself fits the same mounting locations as the 2009. The problem I have run into and need help with is that the rear panel of the new console comes with a cutout for a bezel for the electric window switches for the rear windows. Went to the local Jeep dealer and they researched it(I watched) and saw the number for the switch bezel on the screen. It crossreferenced to another number, they ordered the part for me and when the part came in, it was the front bezel for the 110v power outlet that goes on front of the console. They said this happens all the time with the parts listing for Chrysler. Meanwhile, they said they would research further, but I was hoping someone would be willing to unsnap the rear panel from the console, 4 clips I believe, and see if there is a part number stamped on the bezel that the switches mount to. I am looking for the dark gray color.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 10-13-2011, 01:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baggerman
I am in need of help from someone with a 2011 or 2012 Unlimited with electric windows. Last weekend I completed my retrofit of a 2011 center console with the much improved armrest into my 2009 Sahara. The console itself fits the same mounting locations as the 2009. The problem I have run into and need help with is that the rear panel of the new console comes with a cutout for a bezel for the electric window switches for the rear windows. Went to the local Jeep dealer and they researched it(I watched) and saw the number for the switch bezel on the screen. It crossreferenced to another number, they ordered the part for me and when the part came in, it was the front bezel for the 110v power outlet that goes on front of the console. They said this happens all the time with the parts listing for Chrysler. Meanwhile, they said they would research further, but I was hoping someone would be willing to unsnap the rear panel from the console, 4 clips I believe, and see if there is a part number stamped on the bezel that the switches mount to. I am looking for the dark gray color.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
I found the part on Jeeps part listing page but unfortunately it does not list a part number, why not go to the dealership and just pop the panel off of the one you want to get a part number? it just snaps back on right? or is it screwed into place.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have that info for you,.. PM me or email, I am on the BB at the moment.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

How much was the console?

Would love to see pics of what you have done.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:45 PM
JK Freak

Ok, found it.

This is for the black console rear window switch bezel, # 1UB68DX9AA price of $5.58 at mopar wholesale . com.

You will need a few trim screws to attach the switch pack to the bezel. They are the same ones as the screws attaching everything to the center stack.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by husker_fan
How much was the console?

Would love to see pics of what you have done.
All the parts brand new through online wholesaler was approx $300 including shipping.

Here is a pic of how mine turned out.

Since I have the Khaki interior there was the added step of color-matching portions of the unit, it just didn't seem right to have a dark black box in the middle. I used Mopar interior-match paints specifically for vinyl and plastics.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00246_resize.jpg
Views:	3580
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	223429  
Old 10-13-2011, 10:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matt08jk
All the parts brand new through online wholesaler was approx $300 including shipping.

Here is a pic of how mine turned out.

Since I have the Khaki interior there was the added step of color-matching portions of the unit, it just didn't seem right to have a dark black box in the middle. I used Mopar interior-match paints specifically for vinyl and plastics.

Wow, nice matching. That looks awesome.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

That looks very good, I have an auto, I wonder how hard that would be.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Default Console retrofit

A few quirks you'll need to know:

1) you have to put a new A/T floor shifter and it does not come with what is known as the "shift indicator", you know-P,R,etc. that is separate. When you order the "shifter-auto-transmission, be sure you order one for a 2011 and NOT 2012 as they are not the same because of the Mercedes transmission being used in 2012 and having "slapstick" capability to shift gears and the plug-in is different(Don't ask me how I know, but I will tell you I have a 2012 A/T shifter in my cabinet,lol)

2) need a emergency brake handle for a 2011 or 2012, they are the same,

3) You'll have to order the shift knobs separately. I chose to go with the chrome ones like on the Sahara

Everything bolts right up and for the front of the console where the 2011/12 have the 110v plug-in, I chose to go with the blank piece.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

So it's possible to put an '11 style center console in an '09 automatic then? Has anyone done it that can post up a few pictures?

Quick Reply: Center Console Retrofit Help