Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Changing door locks

Old 12-22-2010, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Changing door locks

I am trading my 1/2 doors for full doors, how hard will it be to change out the door locks? That is if they aren't electric door locks?

Last edited by Highlander; 12-22-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Highlander
I am trading my 1/2 doors for full doors, how hard will it be to change out the door locks? That is if they aren't electric door locks?
well to answer my own question, I should of just did the research myself but I think this may be the easiest way to go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uv3GOfrWG4
Old 12-28-2010, 10:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

no need to re-key the locks if (I assume) you are just swapping the cylinders from one rig to another. If you take them out to re-key you might as well just swap them.

The cylinders are held in by C -type retaining clips. They are easy to remove but the latch assembly will be in the way.

google: K6860781

that will take you to the instructions for assembling a 1/2 door kit.

Just reverse steps 14-15 to drop the presenter/latch assembly out of the way, pull the cylinders and swap them.

Quick Reply: Changing door locks