Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Check Engine+exhaust Smells Like Fuel +blue Smoke = Problems...help!!

Old 06-17-2007, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine+exhaust Smells Like Fuel +blue Smoke = Problems...help!!

My JK Unlimited has 2600 miles on it and I have experienced the first problem...
My engine began idling extremely low, the check engine light, not only illuminated, but started flashing and beeping. I then noticed bluish thick smoke coming from the exhaust. I pulled-over limmediatly to check it out and noticed a gasoline smell coming from the exhaust. Needless to say, I called for a tow and now my new JK Unlimited is sitting at the dealership waiting for a diagnosis. Has anyone experienced this or have any idea what the HELL is wrong. Any thoughts Would Be Appreciated.......

Last edited by alfaVin; 06-17-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Sorry, not a clue, but I hope they fix it quickly.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

How about an update!!!!! You should know by now
Old 06-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not a mechanic, but I think blue smoke means you're burning oil and that means rings or valve seals.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Your Jeep is now worthless... I'll come by and take it off your hands, and won't charge you a dime for the transport fee!

Seriously, I hope everything turns out okay.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

.....found out what the problem was. You will not believe this....I am still trying to understand how this happened. Anyway, the mechanic told me I had a tank full of diesel fuel. Needless to say, I thought he was joking. Apparently, Raceway gas stations have there diesel lines on the same pumps as there gas lines and they use the same nossel for all. The only thing separating them are the buttons and the 87 octane button is next to the diesel button. So the moral of this story is......if you are finding yourself pumping gas at 2am, make sure you are not pumping diesel in your tank and NEVER use Raceway gas....................Nothing damaged other than my pride and I am out $180 for pumping out the diesel.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry you had to go through that, but it could have been so much worse! I'll take a firm kick to my pride anyday if it means not going through something horrendous.

Quick Reply: Check Engine+exhaust Smells Like Fuel +blue Smoke = Problems...help!!