Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Check Engine light, Traction control light, and ABS light all on?

Old 08-08-2010, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine light, Traction control light, and ABS light all on?

I was driving down the freeway today and my traction control light and ABS light both came on out of no where. Has anyone ever experienced something like this before? My Check engine light has been on for about a month now and the code is evap emissions so i replaced my fule cap because thats what everyone has told me may be the purpose but didnt fix my problem. I'm starting to freak now because I have no idea what is causing all this and am afraid the repair bills will be too much to handle. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!!! Much appreciated!!
Old 08-08-2010, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Your rig is stock right? Have you done any work to it lately or had any work done? The only time any of my esp traction control came on was when my steering wheel was way off center. Once i recentered the steering wheel all was good. How is your steering wheel centered when driving down a straight road?
Old 08-08-2010, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

is your enginge running a bit rough? it may be the pcv valve. i know that it sounds unrelated, but those symptoms along with a rough idle turned out to be a sticking pcv valve.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the ABS and ESP lights both came on at the same time then I'd guess an ABS sensor got damaged/unplugged/wiring damaged.

Can you get the Jeep scanned and post up the exact code #s?
Old 08-08-2010, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

warranty...?
Old 08-08-2010, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

It sounds like you have checked the codes on the past, post the current codes. If I am wrong here is a link post 1 has a brief how to check for codes
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...agnostic-Codes
Old 08-09-2010, 07:54 AM
kik
JK Freak

The evaporative cannister issue could be raw fuel getting into it from an extreme top off. When the nozzle goes off on a JK don't top it off.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

Well my jeep isn't stock. I do have it lifted so I checked out all my abs sensors to try it out first but it turns out it was just my wheel not being straight that was my problem?? I cant believe that would do it but whatever. As far as the check engine light I'm not topping it off so I'm beginning to think it may be the charcoal canister? I talked to one of the techs at the jeep dealership and that's what he was saying...anyone else had the same thing? But thanks for all the advice!!

Quick Reply: Check Engine light, Traction control light, and ABS light all on?