Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Check Your Tub Corners For Rust

Old 06-20-2015, 06:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Check Your Tub Corners For Rust

Hi All,

So, I cracked a tail light a few weeks ago and just got around to swapping it out today. I decided to do my yearly corner clean out to get any mud and such out of there while I had good access. What I discovered was severe rust. The entire bottom an up about half way of the sides were heavily rusted. I cleaned it up with a scraper and high pressure washer, and I'll be coating it inside and out with POR-15 once it dries.

I'm really surprised at the amount of rust. Though my JKUR is a 2008, it hardly gets used (maybe 5K miles per year).

Anyways, check yours!
Old 06-20-2015, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spray it down with GEMS Rust Killer. It will turn the rust back to black metal and stop the corrosion. Afterwards paint the substrate and your back in business. We use it a lot on our deer stands. A true life saver.

Quick Reply: Check Your Tub Corners For Rust