Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Chirping Noise

Old 12-22-2011, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chirping Noise

Just today, I have noticed a chirping noise in my Jeep. There is a chirp chirp chirp noise comning from the inside of the Jeep. My first thought was a belt in the motor, but that is not it. I thought it may be the radio and that is not it either. Here is the weird part. I can turn the radio off, the fan motor off, turn the key off and shut the motor down and the chirping noise is still there, so it must be some sort of electronic noise. With everything off, the chirping noise will keep going till the timer for power that you have once you turn the key off times out. As soon as the Jeep times out and the power shuts off completely, the sound goes away. I read where a lot were having issues with a blower motor and I don't think that could be my issue since the blower is turned off and the chirping noise is still there. Any help anyone can give me would be great. This chirping noise is driving me nuts. Thanks in advance
Old 12-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

A bird.......
Old 12-22-2011, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Try folding the rear seats down. My rear headrest were making a chirping noise that drove me crazy. I narrowed it down when I realized the noise was still happening even with the engine off. If I moved the slightest bit and caused my jeep to rock, the noise would occur. I just had to make a minor tweak to the rear drivers side headrest. Noise is gone.

Quick Reply: Chirping Noise