Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Clutch noise (rubbing)

Old 08-30-2019, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch noise (rubbing)

I have a 2008 JKU and just had the clutch replaced, when I drove away from the shop the clutch pedal was soft and easy to push in which made me curious! I only drove the jeep 3-4 days totaling about 300miles when I got home the last day my pedal went to the floor without the ability to put it into gear or even take it out. I replaced the slave cylinder then bled it and the pedal returned. Called the mechanic, drove to his shop and when I got there you could hear what sounded like the clutch rubbing as it spun, like metal rubbing together. The mechanic pulled the clutch and stated that the clutch and flywheel looked perfect and there was nothing wrong with them at all. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as the mechanic stated to me that he had no idea as to what it might be. Please let me know. Thank you!!!

Quick Reply: Clutch noise (rubbing)