Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Clutch pedal pop?

Old 07-13-2011, 10:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clutch pedal pop?

Had my first oil change done today on my 2011 (1500km), and on the way home I noticed I was getting a slight grind shifting, just figured the adjusted my seat back a bit and I wasn't depressing the clutch enough.

Then I noticed tonight that my clutch pedal is making a popping noise (which you can also feel in the pedal) around 1/2 way to the floor. I also have to put the pedal to the floor or it's grinding coming out and going in to gear.

Too dark to check fluids now, but I'll do it tomorrow before I bring it back to the stealership.

It's kind of a weird coincidence that it's acting up right after they did an oil change, but there's no reason for them to touch anything tranny related, and I was standing there when the guy drove it out. But he did make a comment about how nice the cltuch felt and how it was way better then his YJ.

It kinda sounds like this civic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2sDa3D1CkI
but it's more noticeable depressing then releasing.

Any ideas of what it could be?
Old 07-14-2011, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

likely the hose where it can bang against the firewall. Likely got bumped a bit closer when they did the oil change. A bit of a bend away and all will be fine.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by homer
likely the hose where it can bang against the firewall. Likely got bumped a bit closer when they did the oil change. A bit of a bend away and all will be fine.
Could be symptoms of a bad clutch slave cylinder (these are known to faily early on some JKs), but at 1500miles?
Old 07-14-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I was checking it out before I brought it in and found the pedal was getting hung up on the carpet. The two plastic nuts that hold the carpet to the firewall wherent installed at the factory.

But its still grinding a bit, worst going in to 2nd so I'll have to bring it up again when the parts come in.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

don't worry about the carpet being an issue because if you are like many of the other Jeepers out there, you will be pulling it out really soon and getting the tub bedlined

the 6 speed is known for rough feeling shifts, mostly 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th...always make sure the clutch pedal is depressed fully and shift a little slower than normal.

i found an improvement when i changed my manual tranny fluid to Amsoil synthetic Click image for larger version

Name:	mtf..jpg
Views:	511
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	182017

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal pop?