Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Clutch problem HELP

Old 02-16-2014, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch problem HELP

So i own a 2013 2dr sahara 6speed manual for 13 months with 33' no lift. the clutch started squealing on me 2 days ago pretty loud every time i press and depress the clutch but it still feel like its catching good. i did take it off road and got it stuck in mud this autumn so there must be some dirt in it...

after some reading on this forum some people seem to be living with it just fine but every time i hear it feels like finger nail on a chalkboard so i want it gone. is there any shortcut i can take to get it clean or will i have to dismantle it? is the squealing a symptom of a dying clutch? I do plan to do it myself so any experience and knowledge you guys got on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Its under warranty. I would at least let the dealer look at it.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:39 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I'm guessing it's your throwout bearing going bad. There's no way to clean out the clutch area. But, it might not be dirty at all. Mine was surprisingly clean when I replaced the throwout bearing. Since you're under warranty, do let the dealer take care of it. And don't mention mud.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I'm guessing it's your throwout bearing going bad. There's no way to clean out the clutch area. But, it might not be dirty at all. Mine was surprisingly clean when I replaced the throwout bearing. Since you're under warranty, do let the dealer take care of it. And don't mention mud.
so i took your advice and brought it to the dealer and you were right it is the trowout bearing that went bad. good thing i didn't took it apart in my driveway, thanks! so i should get it back next Monday maybe... they also ask me to replace the trans crossmember for 650cad to which i politely refuse and promptly ordered the HD poison spyder crossmember(290cad), should get it next week.

Quick Reply: Clutch problem HELP