Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Coasting noise?

Old 03-08-2017, 05:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed the front drive shaft to inspect the CV and U joint, both are fine. I drove it with the shaft removed and am still getting the noise! Back to square one. Help !
Old 03-08-2017, 05:38 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by uncletiffy
I removed the front drive shaft to inspect the CV and U joint, both are fine. I drove it with the shaft removed and am still getting the noise! Back to square one. Help !
Had to go back and review the thread cuz not only did you have the noise, but you thought your DS was getting really hot. Curious with the DS off, if you happened to touch both yokes just to verify neither seemed unusually hot....and narrow down that the heat issue is just coming from the DS itself.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

both yokes feel normal. I am thinking its the downpipe on the exhaust, I may wrap it in the future. Checking all the shocks, heat guards, wheel bearings, exhaust mounts and doors.

Quick Reply: Coasting noise?