Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Code P1745 pops up! Over and over again! HELLPP!

Old 04-30-2019, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code P1745 pops up! Over and over again! HELLPP!

jeep wrangler unlimited 2011 3.8L trans 42rle

I was driving normally last week... all of a sudden a/c and fan turned off and i was stuck in 2nd gear... read the dtcs and popped up P1745 (Line Pressure Too High For Too Long ) and P0868 (Transmission Fluid Pressure Low).. got home cleared codes everything is back to normal except P1745 and stuck in limp mode (2nd gear), dissected the TIPM and nothing seem burnt or out of the ordinary. I've researched a lot online and they seem to have probs with the TIPM but the only thing i can think of is ONCE a couple of months ago the wipers did not work for like 3 minutes that is it.

I replaced trans oil filter , trans oil (duh), solenoid pack, pressure solenoid and pressure sensor.. cleared up the codes, starts up fine but when driving the first time it hits 3rd gear back to limp mode... checked pressures sensor and solenoid for continuity and voltage and is is connected and before it goes into limp mode voltage for solenoid fluctuates between shifts and all (same as for sensor)... don't know what else to look for?... went to local shop erased all dtcs with a fancy scanner and nothing... no kinks in line (i have a oil cooler installed more than a year ago when i changed fluid)

can anybody help please?!? If it would be the oil pump i wouldn't have normal shifts or high pressure no? What else could it be?

i dont understand how you can have a dtc that states HIGH PSI for too long but have another DTC stating LOW PRESSURE??? but ok changed everything and now still p1745??? plz help :(

Last edited by Xavierh787; 04-30-2019 at 01:32 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 04-25-2021, 10:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Xavierh787
jeep wrangler unlimited 2011 3.8L trans 42rle

I was driving normally last week... all of a sudden a/c and fan turned off and i was stuck in 2nd gear... read the dtcs and popped up P1745 (Line Pressure Too High For Too Long ) and P0868 (Transmission Fluid Pressure Low).. got home cleared codes everything is back to normal except P1745 and stuck in limp mode (2nd gear), dissected the TIPM and nothing seem burnt or out of the ordinary. I've researched a lot online and they seem to have probs with the TIPM but the only thing i can think of is ONCE a couple of months ago the wipers did not work for like 3 minutes that is it.

I replaced trans oil filter , trans oil (duh), solenoid pack, pressure solenoid and pressure sensor.. cleared up the codes, starts up fine but when driving the first time it hits 3rd gear back to limp mode... checked pressures sensor and solenoid for continuity and voltage and is is connected and before it goes into limp mode voltage for solenoid fluctuates between shifts and all (same as for sensor)... don't know what else to look for?... went to local shop erased all dtcs with a fancy scanner and nothing... no kinks in line (i have a oil cooler installed more than a year ago when i changed fluid)

can anybody help please?!? If it would be the oil pump i wouldn't have normal shifts or high pressure no? What else could it be?

i dont understand how you can have a dtc that states HIGH PSI for too long but have another DTC stating LOW PRESSURE??? but ok changed everything and now still p1745??? plz help :(
Hi, having the same issue with my 2011 JK 3.8. Have rebuild the transmission less than 9 months ago and now running out of options. Did you manage to resolve this issue? Any advise?
Old 05-09-2022, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a 2007 JK with the same problem. On each of these three occasions, the DTC were P1745 and P0934 and the Jeep went into limp mode.
Sept 2015-mileage 130K-dealer in MT said transmission was operating normal. Replaced ECM ($501 + $505 labor). Total repair $1016.75
Jan 2020-131,690K-Dealer in AZ. replaced variable line pressure harness, trans variable force solenoid sensor, trans pressure transducer sensor. Parts $300, labor $455. Total $755
May 2022 (just got it back) -141,787K. Same dealer in AZ. Replaced variable line pressure harness and 6-way wiring. Connector on sensor came apart and had to be replaced. Parts $120. Labor $660. Total repair $792.30
I don't know if this helps. The service writer said that this is probably happening because the Jeep has so many miles and bouncing around can jostle the wires. I sure hope this fixes it. Despite all the problems we're keeping the Jeep.
The following users liked this post:
Jeepkingp85 (03-11-2023)
Old 03-11-2023, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Default Guitargal

Which sensor did u replace the 6 way plug
Old 03-12-2023, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 471 Likes on 423 Posts

Advice to everyone here. Get some beer, start drinking it, get a flashlight, get under the hood and look at anything and everything that could possibly pose a problem like loose wiring harnesses, hoses, fuel and vapor lines thrashing around tie them all up. And if you cannot separate things apart use old rad or heater hose and wrap around things rubbing and tiewrap into place. Then get under the Jeep and do the same thing plus fuel and vapor lines in rear and the transmission cooling lines if you are auto. Look at the new Diesel JLs. Lots of issues with emissions stuff getting ripped off due to obstacles off road. Also remove ground connections (with battery disconnected), clean, coat with (I use vaseline) and reinstall. Jeep designs and markets Jeeps to go "offroad" and that is in snow and mainly bushroads whereas most of us go much more extreme. I do this twice a year to my 2008 and yet to get stranded or have weird issues.
Old 03-12-2023, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P1745 code

Originally Posted by Jeepkingp85
Which sensor did u replace the 6 way plug
I'm an RN, not a mechanic, so please bear with me. You asked which sensor they replaced in May 2022 at 141,787 miles. I'm looking at the repair invoice. All it says is:
5078341AA-Harness-Variable LIne Pressure-$47.90
68032364AA-wiring-6 Way- 84.50
No mention of replacing any sensors on this repair. They told me that one of the wires in the wiring harness had become disconnected and they soldered it back in place. The dealer said replacing this harness would have cost $2000 so they optecd for the soldering. I would have chosen to replace the harness as I'm keeping this Jeep forever. If in fact they did solder the wire it has held well as I'm now up to 145k miles with no more issues.

In January 2020 at 131,690 miles the Jeep went into limp mode and these are the parts they replaced:
5078341AA-Harness-Variable Line Pressure-$64.39
5078911AA-Sensor-Trans Variable Force Solenoid-109.13
5078336AC-Sensor-Trans Pressure Transducer-72.03

In September 2019 at 130,338 miles the Jeep went into limp mode for the first time and an out of state dealer replaced the ECM-$500.

So you see I've had a number of P1745 codes over the years. Hopefully its finally gone bye-bye

Quick Reply: Code P1745 pops up! Over and over again! HELLPP!