Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Confusion about flat tow

Old 07-14-2020, 08:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good job-now enjoy it. These things pull like a dream. Without a rear view camera you wouldn't know they were. Check, double check & have someone else check your set up. I told my buddy with a TJ that and he didn't-new engine, clutch, driveline, rear diff and control arms. Now he does it religiously.
Old 07-15-2020, 12:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Made it to VA. RV towed the Jeep like it wasn't even there. Funny, when I got my Jeep unattached, it said it had 114 miles per gallon. I guess the miles stick click away while towing. I did have the key on because the manual said to and I have not yet confirmed if the steering locks or not. I know others have said it doesn't lock, but I want to see for myself.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it's tracking mileage it's using battery power too. If you lock the ignition and crank the steering wheel you'll know ASAP if it's got a lock or not. I know my buddies TJ does and our 14 Jk does not. Glad you had a good trip.

Quick Reply: Confusion about flat tow