Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Coolant temperature sensor issues

Old 03-24-2024, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant temperature sensor issues

2008 JK X model with 3.8 v6. Bought the jeep in November replaced radio in early December with plug and play from Amazon. Mid to late December got a coolant temperature sensor code. Replaced both the coolant temperature sensor and the thermostat. Temperature Guage was unresponsive following new parts. Changed sensor 2nd time. Still Guage is unresponsive. Installed 3rd sensor and second thermostat, Guage is unresponsive now radio fan not working. However if key is rolled to on position without starting engine Guage works. Very very rarely Guage will work with constant acceleration but stops at idle. So 4th sensor, this time mopar, 3rd thermostat and new plug to sensor and problem is persistent. Rad fan still unresponsive have changed relay behind headlight everything in the fuse box loons good. I am stumped and need my jeep running properly its my daily

Quick Reply: Coolant temperature sensor issues