Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

could someone show me in detail ( coolant tempreture sensor)

Old 10-27-2017, 06:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
For the 2012 engine:

Apply sealant to the ECT sensor threads (a new replacement ECT sensor should have sealant already applied).

Install the ECT sensor into position.

Tighten to 8 ft. lbs. torque. Connect electrical connector.
Perfect. Much appreciated!
Old 10-30-2017, 05:26 AM
JK Newbie

Default My Experience

Did this ECT sensor swap over the weekend so thought I would comment on how it went. First I could not see how the fender liner would have come out without popping out all of the little plastic rivets on the outside lip of the fender. I gave up after seeing if I could peel the liner back enough to reach the sensor and just pulled the entire fender assembly off the jeep.

I popped the radiator cap to vent the system and then unscrewed the old sensor and popped in the new one. Didn't even lose enough coolant to bother worrying about topping off. I was surprised when the sensor starting snugging up before i reached the end of the threads and could not recall how far in the old sensor had been so had to google a few images so i could rest assured it was not intended to be seated all the way up the threads.

Now just going to wait and see if the CEL remains off. Hoping that solves it!
Old 10-30-2017, 06:00 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by ZebraJacket99
I was surprised when the sensor starting snugging up before i reached the end of the threads and could not recall how far in the old sensor had been so had to google a few images so i could rest assured it was not intended to be seated all the way up the threads.
That's the nature of pipe threads.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
That's the nature of pipe threads.
Glad to learn something each time. Like how I definitely do not want to remove that fender again unless I am replacing with aftermarket. Broke one of the clips and the others did not exactly give me a warm fuzzy with the state they were in after i yanked on everything.

Quick Reply: could someone show me in detail ( coolant tempreture sensor)