Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

cruise control and headlight

Old 02-17-2013, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cruise control and headlight

i have a 2012 JKUR with about 7400 miles/12000 kilometers. while driving and using the cruise control it cuts out periodically when I hit an expansion joint in the road. The JK is bone stock. I had it in for that to be corrected and it was ok since last late summer. it is now reoccurring. What could be the cause of this. I would like to have a bit of info before the dealer tells me they made an "adjustment" (to what i don't know). If it is a switch on the brake pedal i would question that because i can tap the brake lightly and it does not cut out. The pedal doesn't rattle around. What could cause this?

Second question. My headlight has moisture in it. is it a sealed unit or not. If it is not will it dry out and are headlight covered under warranty?

thanks,
Junior
Old 02-17-2013, 10:57 AM
kik
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The headlights aren't like the old style "sealed beam" units. The bulb or lamp is removed from the rear. The "head light" is a reflector. Condensation can occur and it should dry out; it's vented. If the problem continues check with the dealer since it's under warranty. There could be a crack that you can't see. As far as the cruise control, that can happen if you hit a pot hole or even an expansion joint in the road. The computer reads this as a problem if there is a stability or ABS situation and it will cancel the cruise control. It should only happen if what you hit is a substantial jolt. Winter road conditions can cause it. Did the dealer replace a sensor the first time or just inspected the wheel sensors. When you press the brake pedal the cruise control should deactivate. A light touch might not do it. If it doesn't, there's a problem.

Quick Reply: cruise control and headlight