Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dash Rattle

Old 08-04-2012, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash Rattle

Our 2011 JKU has a dash rattle that is frustrating to locate. Had it to the dealership and they said they pulled the dash and tightened the radio mounts. Still rattles like something is loose in there. It mainly makes the noise on rough roads. Any suggestions?
Old 08-05-2012, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

Might not be your rattle but my 2011 had a rattle in the dash that only happened on certain roads. Look under the hood in the middle of the firewall, there are to ac or heater lines running into the vehicle. Give them a shake and see if the is the rattle you are hearing. I just took a zip tie and pulled the lines snug so they wouldn't rattle. Problem solved for me. Next time it is in for service going to get dealer to properly fix.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

ZZJeep I took a look. I can reproduce a rattle by moving these hoses but not sure if it's the same one. Thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply: Dash Rattle