Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Is the dealer service rep trying to squeeze me for money?

Old 03-28-2015, 03:22 PM
kik
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It should have been replaced with an oem pump in the first place unless you agreed to something different. The "flush" is BS. They're trying to get you to cover the labor.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

It should have been replaced with an OEM pump... Unless you have an extended warranty. And being you drive an 07 Id assume it's a aftermarket (3rd party) extended warranty company, then the company will put on the cheapest option to save cost. Do you have an extended warranty or did Jeep extend the warranty on the P/S pumps for the 07's?

The flush I would assume they are recommending based off of mileage/time. Fluids (Especially oils) viscosity will break down over time and should be replaced even if the system is sealed. This is the main reason for them recommending the Flush.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK_Crawler
It should have been replaced with an OEM pump... Unless you have an extended warranty. And being you drive an 07 Id assume it's a aftermarket (3rd party) extended warranty company, then the company will put on the cheapest option to save cost. Do you have an extended warranty or did Jeep extend the warranty on the P/S pumps for the 07's?

The flush I would assume they are recommending based off of mileage/time. Fluids (Especially oils) viscosity will break down over time and should be replaced even if the system is sealed. This is the main reason for them recommending the Flush.
You are correct, it is an extended warranty and I don't question that the dealer bought the part that was approved to them, but my distrust lies in the fact that no flush was recommended until the dealer had to do a warranty job twice. Annnnnndddddd ATF was on the itemized receipt the first time around but now that they have to do it again ATF is not covered and its $90

Quick Reply: Is the dealer service rep trying to squeeze me for money?